Paper Mill Superintendent
PURPOSE: The Paper Mill Superintendent will manage and guide the paper production process for this world-class lightweight linerboard mill in the Southeast US. Growing company and recently upgraded operation in a great location.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shared leadership of a recently rebuilt ultra lightweight linerboard machine with an emphasis on safety, reliability, cost, quality, and compliance.
- Coordinate maintenance activities for both areas with the Maintenance counterpart.
- Fluidly interface up, down, and across the organization to ensure your areas meet all mill standards, including employee relations, and compliance.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives and processes
- Lead development of the annual budget, production targets and cost reduction goals
- Participate in the coordination of mill shutdowns and major project installations, including involvement with the capital planning process.
- Continue to drive a culture change towards self-directed and reliability-focused work teams.
- Oversee business activities in your areas of responsibility; including supervision of salaried assistant superintendents and supervisors.
- Develop the organization to ensure long and short term goals and objectives are met.
- Transfer knowledge to salaried staff and prepare them for future advancement opportunities.
- B.S. Mechanical, Chemical, Pulp & Paper or related engineering/technical degree.
- 8-10+ years Papermaking and supervisory experience.
- Strong Operations background on paper machines preferred
- Good understanding of the operation of an integrated mill.
- Proficient at planning and managing machine outages and shut-downs.
- Proficient at managing, scheduling, and training multi-function teams in a union environment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities to meet short and long-term objectives.
- Excellent leadership ability, including strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Pulp & Paper