PURPOSE: The Paper Mill Manager reports to the General Manager, and is responsible for management of operating costs and to maximize the return on assets under his/her responsibility at this large consumer products manufacturing and converting operation in the Southeast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help meet operational efficiency goals
- Develop an action plan to maximize standardized manufacturing efficiency in his/her sector and optimize resources.
- Devise and implement standardized manufacturing practices and procedures in line with the departmental objectives.
- Develop processes and tools to support and drive continuous improvement.
- Maximize synergy and foster collaboration among companies groups, units and business units
- Insist on and create a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Personally commit and display strong leadership in health & safety.
- BS degree and 10+ years of experience in manufacturing.
- Paper / Tissue Manufacturing experience required
- Experience with Union Workforce strongly desired