Paper Machine Superintendent
Paper Machine Superintendent
Job Title: Paper Machine Superintendent
Summary: Our client company is a leading independent manufacturer and marketer of corrugated containerboard paper. The candidate for the position of Paper Machine Superintendent has the overall responsibility to provide administrative and functional support to the paper machine and secondary fiber.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Foster a culture of safety by developing and implementing processes and procedures that support regulatory compliance and train employees on safe work practices to ensure a safe work environment.
- Facilitate a culture where the safety focus results in zero injuries and the compliance focus results in zero reportable incidents.
- Oversee all aspects of paper machine operations and provide technical expertise to ensure production, safety and quality goals are met while managing cost. This requires inspecting materials, products and equipment to detect defects, malfunctions and machine run ability.
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Mill leadership to plan labor and resource requirements for daily, weekly and monthly production, maintenance and capital projects and to minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Troubleshoot productivity and quality issues and provide effective corrective actions.
- Lead and coach personnel on making safe and environmentally sound operating, technical and maintenance decisions and plans to achieve defined performance measures.
- Provide technical expertise analyzing data as well as physical operating equipment and processes to ensure continuous improvements.
- Develop department employees through effective communication, training and supervisory skills.
- Ensure compliance to the Union labor agreement
- Help create an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain Production Department crew lists and weekly schedules
- Collaborate with shift supervisors to develop move-up training plans for each crew
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises exempt and non-exempt support staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning, and directing; performance reviews, rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Require BA engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Require minimum 5 years plus of paper mill experience
- Require managerial experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and the ability to learn new applications.
- Strong understanding of computerized maintenance management systems such as Maximo.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Well-developed people practice, including strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build lasting relationships, provide recognition and demonstrate integrity and high personal standards.
- Competencies: detail orientated, managerial courage, problem solving, organizational skills
Pulp & Paper