PURPOSE: Manage all activities on the largest paper machine at this integrated specialty paper operation in the Northeast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clear direction and vision, build effective teams, drive employee engagement, focus on customer needs, and practice sound business management.
- Monitoring and evaluating all aspects of paper production including safety, environmental, productivity, quality, cost, and lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Ensuring safety activities including one-on-one safety discussions, condition monitoring, housekeeping and safety inspections, safety meetings, accident investigations, near miss reporting, and development of job safety analyses.
- Utilize the strategies and tools of operational excellence and lean manufacturing to optimize operations and reduce all forms of waste.
- Participate in Mill Duty Rotation.
- Troubleshooting and resolving product quality and equipment problems utilizing hourly personnel, maintenance employees, and other department/mill resources.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferably in a union manufacturing environment.
- Work experience level is 5+ years in a technical or lead manufacturing role; pulp and paper mill experience preferred.
- Experience in coated fine paper manufacturing preferred.
- Technical background in engineering or an advanced technical degree is preferred.
- An understanding of process chemistry, mechanical systems, quality assurance and lean manufacturing techniques is necessary.
- Excellent written/oral communication and problem management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in driving measurable results.