PURPOSE: Reporting to the Paper Machine Manager the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor will have operating responsibility for safety, quality, cost, productivity, and management of the Paper Machines, Secondary Fiber and Shipping crews.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A steadfast commitment to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Provide strong leadership by leading the initiative of safe work practices by championing new ideas, learning from events, communicating with the team and development of an empowered, highly motivated operational crew.
- Communicating and reinforcing the mill’s running objectives, sustaining the highest operational quality and productivity levels
- Work closely with the area production Superintendents to execute objectives consistent with the Arkansas Kraft Division’s vision and strategy.
- Lead and develop operational crews in activities around quality and operational improvements; by enhancing operational knowledge, and coordinating with maintenance support to improve substandard facilities, and maintain a reliable and sustainable operation.
- A degreed and experienced paper mill operations supervisor is preferred, experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- The Paper Machine Shift Supervisor should have at least 3 years of progressively more accountable operations supervisory experience ideally within the paper industry. While qualified candidates may come from outside the paper industry, it is expected that they will have similar experience in a highly automated process manufacturing environment, and be accustomed to large-scale production in a commodity driven low-cost business.
- While expertise in all aspects of paper machine operations is vital, it is equally important that the successful candidate have a proven record of developing and implementing training within operational crews.
- Qualified candidates will have a keen business acumen, combined with strong fiscal awareness and understanding –as it relates to cost control/reduction, particularly in response to immediate and critical operational decisions.
- In addition to a full complement of leadership skills – including the ability to lead teams in a union environment – it is also important for the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor to bring knowledge of personnel development and maintenance coordination. Incorporating continuous improvement processes and best practices will be keys to the success of the Paper Machine Shift Supervisor.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Provide leadership to maintain and improve safe working conditions and maintaining good housekeeping practices.