Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Painter at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
The Painter will be responsible for applying various types of paint finishes to aircraft subassemblies, parts and manufactured components. They will clean, prepare and mask surfaces in accordance with the specifications and plant processes prior to painting and will be required to do lettering, stenciling, and application of decals. The Painter will apply various types of paint or other protective coatings to plant support equipment and buildings.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or Industrial painting is preferred.
- Experience using painting spray guns and spray booths while applying various types of paints, primers and other industrial coatings is required.
- Experience working with, handling and disposing of hazardous chemicals such as paints, abrasives and solvents is preferred.
- Relevant Experience or Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written and verbal English instructions.
- Must have the ability to qualify and wear specified Respirators and Fresh Air Supply Equipment.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements defined through Magellan (will be tested).
- Must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
- Successful completion of an automotive or industrial painting apprenticeship or equivalent certification (such as Red Seal) is an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.