Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Painter at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Painter at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. The successful candidate must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
The Painter will be responsible for applying various types of paint finishes to aircraft subassemblies, parts and manufactured components. They will clean, prepare and mask surfaces in accordance with the specifications and plant processes prior to painting and will be required to do lettering, stenciling, and application of decals. The Painter will apply various types of paint or other protective coatings to plant support equipment and buildings.
- Experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or Industrial painting is preferred.
- Experience using painting spray guns and spray booths while applying various types of paints, primers and other industrial coatings is required.
- Experience working with, handling and disposing of hazardous chemicals such as paints, abrasives and solvents is preferred.
- Relevant Experience or Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written and verbal English instructions.
- Must have the ability to qualify and wear specified Respirators and Fresh Air Supply Equipment.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements defined through Magellan (will be tested).
- Must be available to work shift work when scheduled.
- Successful completion of an automotive or industrial painting apprenticeship or equivalent certification (such as Red Seal) is an asset
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)