Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Painter. The successful incumbent will paint machined shaft components at various stages within the manufacturing process. Full training will be given to successful candidates. The right candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, be able to work on initiative and perform a variety of jobs within the team.
- Paint a variety of components ensuring that they meet the correct quality standards.
- Perform a variety of activities including preparation of surfaces and mixing paints.
- Perform layout and masking as necessary.
- Mix paint and primers according to specifications.
- Prepare surfaces as required.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 6S and Lean Initiatives Program, and complies with safety regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- Previous painting experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- Experience of process improvement, problem solving and computer literacy would be beneficial.
- Must have the ability to learn new skills and jobs and undertake additional roles within the cell.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)