PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
To design and implement process driven, innovative Sealant and Adhesive Application solutions to meet the expectations of customers. Engineer will be required to perform process engineering analysis and feasibility studies of Sealer automation equipment required for the release of customer quotations and execute Sealer and Adhesive Systems business requirements by utilizing this information to meet the customers needs and expectations in the field.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform process evaluations, feasibility studies and proposal support prior to the release of quotations.
- Design and implement processes using robots, and a wide variety of applicator products.
- Perform project process execution upon receipt of order.
- Perform customer demonstrations and develop accurate analysis and presentation materials on the results of demonstrations.
- Be a primary point of contact to customers during system launches
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:1. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- Actively participate in new and current Paint shop Automation Division product development.
- Provide technical expertise and assurance to customers during sales appointments with sales personnel.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback for the process engineering group.
- Must be process knowledgeable (know what is required to make a process work.)
- Problem Solving, identifies causes and offer other potential solutions.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with emphasis on satisfying the Customer.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
- Bachelor's degree in a technical engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Two years of experience with Sealant and Adhesive Application & equipment.
- Experience with pumping and fluid delivery/control equipment.
- Exposure to chemicals: PVC sealers and 2 Component Adhesives
- Willing to work occasional overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Up to 80% travel is required