The Packaging Engineer II will be responsible for the coordination of packaging development for new products, cost reductions and support of supply chain effectiveness for Consumer Products. This role will engage among development teams in design for product transport, design of transit capable product packaging, and supply chain characterization. The position will also facilitate periodic cross-functional reviews for product packaging effectiveness, workflow planning, and opportunities assessments related to product delivery.
Click here to apply online
- Define and maintain packaging test protocols (PTP) in the qualification of packaging designs consistent with characteristics of product distribution models and Total Supply Chain (TSC) plans.
- Guide development teams in the assessment and design of products for TSC loads and handling. Engage with development teams in considering potential TSC alternatives and handling plans needed to ensure cost effective product delivery.
- Serve as coordinator for the design of packaging concepts, creation of functional packaging prototypes, and testing of packaging designs through suppliers, consultants, and other internal resources.
- Maintain portfolio of packaging related projects, assignments and success metrics for effective and timely deployment of packaging needs.
- Investigate and troubleshoot serious packaging related problems and opportunities, documenting findings and perform corrective actions.
- Periodically evaluate cost reductions opportunities and sustainability through source reduction, material selection, design efficiency, shipping efficiency improvements and the like.
- Engage with thought leaders in the packaging community to remain abreast of emerging technologies for introduction of new opportunities to the company.
- Conduct cross-functional reviews with Division managers to measure product delivery effectiveness, establish special assignment teams and develop yearly objectives.