In need of a HANDS-ON Injection Molding Process Engineer for our central New Jersey area facility. The primary focus of this individual will be on analyzing our injection molding processes and developing and implementing solutions to optimize quality and performance. This engineer will also perform new tooling tryouts and process troubleshooting. This position supports manufacturing as part of a team. If you are looking for a stable, profitable, growth oriented company that truly appreciates the role the individual employee plays in successful company operations.......then don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a diverse and talented team championed to provide our customers with outstanding manufacturing and product development services. Responsibilities
· Perform routine startups for injection molding machines using existing Process Control Sheets and submit first piece samples to QC for approval.
· Conducts mold qualifications and validations on new molds using various experiments including gate freeze and DOE’s using scientific/systematic decoupled molding methodologies
· Develop robust molding processes which provide consistent, flawless future production runs.
· Analyze rejections and customer complaints, determine root causes, and assist in implementing corrective and preventive actions.
· Identify opportunities and implement cost improvement projects
· Ensure compliance to FDA regulations and ISO standards
Requirements Education / Experience
· Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
· Minimum 5 years professional engineering experience.
· Minimum 5 years experience in injection mold processing.
· Successfully completed RJG Mold Master I and II training or equivalent would be beneficial.
· Six-Sigma and or Lean Manufacturing experience is preferred. Skills / Competencies
· Knowledge of robotics, automation, equipment, and processes as relates to the injection molding of plastics
· Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of scientific molding methodologies, SPC, DOE, geometric tolerancing, and blueprint reading.
· Strong communication (verbal and written), teamwork, and organizational skills.
· Ability to identify problems AND develop and implement actions to resolve them
· Strong analytical skills. Ability to apply principles of logical scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Experience with applied analytical tools (FMEA, MoldFlow, etc.)
· Self-starter, self-motivated, ability to accomplish project goals with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and remain deadline orientated, even under stress
· Capacity to adapt to changing priorities
· Strong ability to organize work with a sense of urgency
· Meticulous and attentive to details
· Knowledge of ISO, cGMP’s preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for dealing with all levels of staff, customers, suppliers, and operations.
· Computer proficiency essential; Fluent in Word, Excel etcClick here to apply online