As head of the PMO, the PMO Manager will be responsible for putting in place best practices in project management, building a team of talented business drivers, and managing their own book of strategic accounts to ensure that the PMO is closing projects on time and on budget.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Management for assigned strategic CEC accounts to ensure that projects are completed on time, within scope, and on budget.
- Lead and develop a team of Project Managers, balancing the needs of the team and the work within the PMO to achieve the demands of customers across all departments and office locations.
- Focus on continuous improvement by reviewing and adopting best practice where applicable within the CEC PMO project methodology.
- Work with internal Operations to ensure that the PMO is meeting KPIs, project overage goals, customer satisfaction goals, labor utilization goals, etc.
- Participate in internal meetings to present data on current project status, as well as forecasting project needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The PMO Manager directly supervises the PMO team members.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years experience with leading project management functions with complex cross functional responsibilities.
- Proven systems literacy, including Project Management systems, CRMs, Microsoft platforms, etc.
- Proven track record of implementing systems-based process and procedure.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of project management leadership.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university with coursework in project management, communications, business, or 5 years of pertinent project management experience.
- Experience within the technology integration industry or other technical systems project management
- PMP certified.
- Six Sigma black belt.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently while taking initiative and ownership of department functions.
- Driven to achieve goals.
- Superior multi-tasker who enjoys juggling several projects simultaneously.
- Clear and concise communications that allow for follow-up and follow-through regarding internal team initiatives and cross-functional task updates.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent Presentation Skills, large and small groups
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.