PC LAN Technician
PC LAN Technician - Central - $70,000
The PCLAN technician role at the State of Arizona is the face of ITG (Information Technology Group) These technicians are out with internal customers on a daily basis resolving issues and working as a liaison to other divisions within ADOT. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION CANDIDATE WILL HAVE TO PASS A STRICT BACKGROUND CHECK AND BECOME ACJIS CERTIFIED
- Server Support, Desktop support, support customers on the State of Arizona network
- Fix computer related problems; troubleshoot hardware problems; research and implement potential solutions
- Support agency’s warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work; and assist with assigned project tasks.
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware. Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations.
- Install and configure PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Assist with major deployments of hardware and software.
- Monitors system reliability and availability.
- Attend section staff meetings.
- Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned.
- Travel between sites to accomplish tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms.
- Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network related hardware, software and other peripherals.
- This position will require daily travel to work sites
- General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Ticketing and Department operating procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office
- Knowledge of Google email and standard Suite of products
- Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Problem definition and alternative analysis skills Experience with Active Directory Experience with Windows 10 Experience with Windows 7 Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
- Experience with Backup solutions Time Reporting MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
- Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
- Must have a current AZ Driver’s license with a good driving record - 39 month review will be conducted
- Must be able to achieve an ACJIS Certification and pass an Arizona Criminal Justice Investigation with fingerprint and Criminal background check.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
For more information, contact Christine Hawn at 602 788-5890 ext 123 or email at email@example.com