Reporting to the Senior Vice President of a scaffolding material sales and rental provider serving facility owners and contractors in the petrochemical, refining, offshore, manufacturing, power generation, and commercial markets. With more than 25 years of industrial experience, the companies vast rental inventory includes a broad range of products in various types and sizes capable of meeting the customer’s contractual project needs and requirements.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for fostering relationships with existing customers in an effort to expand and protect existing services provided. This position travels throughout assigned territory to call on prospective customers to develop new business by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate & regional goals. Creates and executes business plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Assembles deliverables prepared before passing to client. Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities, identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to the line of business. Effectively conveys our message in written/verbal business development discussions. Facilitates team and client meetings effectively. Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change. Responsible for establishing plant/job-site relationships. Accountable for knowing and understanding the “well-being” of assigned plant sites. Identifies customer issues and works with the operational lead to provide resolution. Utilizes subject matter experts within the business development function. Ensures assigned action items are completed within the timeframe identified from the account management side. Develops solid working relationship with the operations team for the good of the customer and corporation. Utilizes CRM to track and prepare reports of business opportunities. Represents company at trade association meetings to promote services. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Sales, Business Development or Account Management within Equipment Rental Space (min 5 yrs.)
- Experience in or with “Operations” (has managed work, back office support types of responsibility).
- Industry contacts & relationships
- Proven track record of Sales / BD performance (quantifiable)
- Computer literate: Microsoft Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience
- Location: Joliet, IL.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Specialty services background (maintenance services, capital projects and turn-around, and major EPC experience)
- Equipment Rental in the O&G Markets
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and strong critical thinking skills
- Interface effectively with various levels of management, customers, and operations
- Able to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, public speaking
- Proficient with business technical writing and modeling presentations
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application.
- Manage multiple projects and effectively meet deadlines
- Exercise discretion and good judgment in interpreting and applying company policies to issues and problems
- “hands-on” approach
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online