SUMMARY An outside sales representative conducts sales out in the field via face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers in Food Wholesale Distribution company.
They are responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any new or updated products when necessary.
Their excellent social skills allow them to foster strong relationships, to which they can attribute much of their success.
- Meets the annual sales target as designated by the manager
- Goes on business trips to Central and South America approximately 50% of the time a year, visiting customers and potential customers to provide support, information, and sell the Company’s products as needed.**
- Coordinates with the accounting department to assure the collection of payment in a timely manner.
- Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction by providing excellent service and building rapport.
- Maintains good relations with partner suppliers for business building.
- Responds to and communicate with all customers and partner suppliers in a timely manner.
- Educates customers on how the products or services can benefit them.
- Inputs and updates orders within the Company database accordingly.
- Coordinates delivery logistics with freight forwarders, customer brokers, and customers to meet their needs.
- Participates in the weekly sales meetings.
- Attends semiannual inventory count on designated day, possibly on a weekend.
- Attends Company events and functions outside of normal working hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obligation to answer to all management as requested
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may be classified as non-exempt. Overtime may apply.
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, business trips may be limited, only for absolute necessity.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree and above preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- English : Business level / Spanish : Business level / Japanese : Basic level (Preferred)
- Basic Microsoft Office proficiency
- Communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Japanese foods and sakes preferred
- Problem solving skills
- To have and maintain a clean driving record
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Pass the Sake Advisor course within 1 year of employment