Outside Plant Engineer- Macon Area
The Outside Plant Engineer is responsible for network planning, engineering and maintenance supervision of all broadband networks to include copper, coax and fiber optic networks. The Outside Plant Engineer will also be responsible for the project management of major engineering initiatives as well as generating detailed engineering documentation to support the installation, configuration and ongoing operations of the network.
- Manages projects from beginning to completion, including design reviews, permission requests, site development, and contractor management in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Plans, designs, and manages projects using MapCom, MicroStation and Google Earth KMZ, including grading, surface modeling, and construction area development.
- Performs preliminary engineering for fiber optical line and data center facilities to quote and select suppliers.
- Reviews preliminary construction cost estimates as part of engineering design feasibility report provided by external suppliers.
- Project budgets to estimate funding necessities for the constructions.
- Reviews and performs audits of construction documents for telecommunications towers, civil sites, and architectural conditions.
- Verifies material conformance with project specifications.
- Manages construction plans, specifications, and documentation to ensure compliance with contract specifications.
- Communicates and oversees construction requirements with the contractor.
- Performs regular site visits to conduct inspections ensuring compliance to project specifications.
- Creates and improves processes and procedures for constructing data centers and fiber routes.
- Perform testing and splicing of fibers.
- Provides document control for all project requests to meet local law construction compliance.
- Promotes safety standards and practices per company guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineer, telecommunication, engineering, or equivalent military experience or a related field.
- Additional degrees or certifications are a plus
Please send your resume to Andree@stafffinancial.com for immediate consideration.Click here to apply online