Outpatient Medical Director
We are searching for an experienced Outpatient Medical Director to join the team of a community based hospital in a quaint little beach town of New Jersey. Great family oriented beach community nestled midway along the Jersey Cape's 30 miles of breathtaking beach front and only a few hours outside of Philadelphia. Safe school district, friendly laid back community, fishing, beach access, and water sports. Great place to raise a family or retreat from the hustle and bustle of a large city.
Under the direct supervision of the Hospital President and working collaboratively with the Vice President of Physician Practice and Ambulatory Services, the Medical Director is responsible for the efficient and effective management of physician and advanced practice provider (APP) performance and leadership of clinical initiatives. The Medical Director will lead and represent the CRPA physicians and APPs, serving as a liaison between clinical and administrative personnel and continually optimizing clinical flow.
The Medical Director participates in development and implementation of strategic, administrative and financial initiatives of CRPA and CRHS. The Medical Director develops implements and evaluates the medical practice delivery in accordance with the goals of CRPA and CRHS. The Medical Director oversees clinical functions that directly impact medical care and collaborates with the leadership team in overall planning and resolution of operational issues. The Medical Director cultivates and promotes trust, communication and professionalism and assures policies and procedures support the delivery of safe, high quality care to all patients.
- Maintains an active part time clinical practice.
- Fosters a quality and safety oriented culture
- Develops, maintains and updates policies, protocols and best practices with measurable outcomes collaboratively with physicians and APPs in order to ensure high quality outcomes, patient and provider satisfaction and achievement of value based purchasing goals;
- Monitors physician and APP performance for quality and safety goals; mentors, counsels and remediates as required
- Participates in periodic feedback and goal setting for physicians and APPs in collaboration with administration;
- Chairs and actively contributes to the Physician Leadership Council
- Supervises CRPA providers in matters of professional conduct and competency; mentors, counsels and remediates providers as required
- Reviews and responds to patient complaints related to clinical matters;
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, onboarding and mentoring of physicians and APPs.
- Provides supervision of clinical scheduling, call and leave for physicians and APPs;
- Participates in providing continuing education for physicians and APPs;
- Oversees student and resident rotations throughout CRPA;
- Collaborates with Chief Medical Officer and Medical Staff Leadership on physician leadership development
- Advises in budgeting process including recommendation of purchase of medical equipment;
- Collaborates with Cape Regional Health System team members to develop and implement CRHS initiatives to improve quality and patient experience across the continuum of care.
- Provides guidance for the ongoing implementation and update of electronic health record to assure optimized workflow, documentation and regulatory requirements.
- M.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school;
- Board Certification in an appropriate medical or surgical specialty;
- Current New Jersey license
- Minimum 5 years in clinical ambulatory practice
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in practice management and physician leadership
- Competitive Base Pay with annual Incentive Program eligibility
- Comprehensive Benefit Package; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescriptions
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Life insurance
- Tuition Assistance/403B Savings Plan
Marc Sambolin Recruiter
Midwest Office 973 795 7111 (Direct Dial)