To assist with the day-to-day Database Administration & Operations Support activities for the Condition Based Maintenance Software System (CBMSS). This is a complex, multiple-site, distributed Oracle database application which manages F404 Engines for the CF-18 Fleet.
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Support, administer & maintain multiple distributed Oracle Databases
• Develop complex queries, packages & triggers using SQL & Pl/SQL
• Prepare system documentation, test plans & user guides
• Provide Operation Support for the Condition Based Maintenance Software System (CBMSS)
• Assist with application testing, upgrades, system integration & implementation
• Provide training for end users
• Customer satisfaction with support activity to identify and resolve inventory discrepancies in the CBMSS databases in relation to serial numbers and locations
• Enter maintenance actions from the other CF18 and F404 third line contractors into the CBMSS Central database within two days from receipt of the information, and to satisfy all items requests and resolve base data discrepancies promptly
• University Degree or College Diploma in Engineering
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as an Oracle Database (DBA) using Oracle 10g/11g
• Extensive knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS, SQL & PL/SQL including; complex queries, packages & triggers
• Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008
• Software development experience with Visual Studio using VB.NET or C#
• An understanding of the .NET Framework
• Work experience in the aerospace industry would be helpful
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.