Optical Manufacturing Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
We are the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This position is with our Semiconductor Infrastructure Solutions (SIS) organization. We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of laser interferometry systems, precision optical components, complex monolithic optics (CMOs), and advanced electronic measurement solutions. Our systems offer high precision in a wide dynamic range, the ability to simultaneously measure positions with multiple degrees of freedom, and the highest accuracy available in both air and vacuum environments.
We are seeking an experienced to join our Optics Manufacturing Engineering team. The selected candidate will be part of our NPI team to introduce new products to our advanced optics and interferometer production. This position will have opportunities to adapt new technologies, transform start-of-art engineering designs into valuable and manufacturable products, particularly from optics assembly, fabrication, test and related process development.
Optical Manufacturing Engineer
As an Optical Manufacturing Engineer, you will develop new process to meet state of the art requirements for our next generation product families which range from optics fabrication, optical assembly process, and testing of interferometer assemblies. You will also take a lead on Optics fabrication related technical trouble shooting, new process evaluation, tooling design review and continuously follow up with customer new requirements to support to all of our existing optical products.
- Use CAD and mechanical engineering skills to design new tooling for optical assembly.
- Work closely with R&D Teams to Initiate and design new manufacturing processes for NPI products of precision optics assembly.
- Lead manufacturing process development, documentation, ECOs, process training and responsibility to maintain production yield, quality and cleanliness
- Drive, and manage optics metrology measurement for assurance of manufacturing process performance, accurate inspection of optics parts and operation excellence protocol for all the fabrication processes.
- Drive cost reduction and commit the best process control to make top quality products for customers
- Participate in NPI product transfer with various Production Manufacturing teams and conduct optical process training to technicians
- Work closely with Quality Group to define critical monitoring matrix of process flow, data collection, RMA repair and product support to customer new requirements such as process traceability and operation cleanliness control
- Conduct and provide Supplier SCARs and corrective action analysis
Minimum 2 years of working experience in Optics Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing Engineering or similar industrial field.
- Knowledge of process control, precision optics metrology, cleanroom operation protocol, and process control for complex opto-mechanical assembly, semiconductor systems or integration
- Experience in one or more of the following technical areas desired: precision opto-mechanics design, optics machining, semiconductor wafer grinding-polishing processes
- Actively thinking and acting independently to propose or translate ideas and new concepts into tangible results of processes
- Excellent communication and ability to work well in team environment with people at all levels
- Direct design or manufacturing of precision opto-mechanical products such as optical component, lasers, fiber coupling, interferometers or optical system integration
- Depth knowledge on quality control using 6 Sigma, quality management system is highly desirable
- Experience of using CAD for tooling design and analysis such PTC CREO or ANSYS is a plus
- B.S. or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field.