Now is an exciting time to join Strivant Health!
We have new Operations Research Representative - Excel Expert - Physician Revenue Cycle position available at our Tinley Park, IL office.
Who we are:
Strivant Health partners with physician practices to improve revenue cycle operations by optimizing people, processes and technology. We provide best in class Medical Billing, Collections, Call Center, Credentialing and Analytics that are all designed to focus on maximizing our provider clients’ revenue. This allows our client providers to stay focused on the practice of medicine, rather than the business of medicine. We have worked with over 4,000 providers representing 25 different specialties and over 30 technology platforms in our 20+ years of business.
TITLE: Operations Research Representative - Excel Expert - Physician Revenue Cycle
LOCATION: 7851 West 185th Street, Ste 200, Tinley Park, IL 60477 This is not a remote position, you must be able to work onsite.
HOURS: Standard business, Monday - Friday
STATUS: Full Time, non-exempt, hourly, this is a temporary position with an opportunity for temporary to hire.
The Operations Research Representative offers project assistance for Revenue Cycle Management departments to support Strivant Health’s efforts to maximize cash collections for our clients. The Operations Research Representative performs research and complex MS Excel spreadsheet manipulation to determine next steps needed for physician billing collections issues with commercial insurance carriers, government payers, and patients regarding open accounts receivables. Specific tasks include resolving insurance carrier denials, appealing claims, contacting carriers, and responding to insurance carrier correspondence and/or inquiries by actively calling the payers or utilizing web-based connectivity.
This position holds additional duties with respect to research, client contact with possible involvement in multiple practice management systems. Also required is participation in quality audit and research projects to identify and resolve errors by following prescribed steps.
- Manipulates Excel spreadsheets of physician billing denial reports to identify trending data inaccuracies.
- Resolves moderately complex insurance denials including submitting corrections through the appeals process
- Contact insurance carriers through website, email, or telephone to resolve outstanding accounts
- Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved invoices to insurance carriers
- Research and respond to insurance correspondence
- Update registration information, post denial codes and adjustments in practice management systems
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- Maintain internal logs (Excel format)
- Assist in employee training and mentorship
- Contact client for missing data elements or confirmation of information
- Stay informed of changes with the procedures and laws for the specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Assist in special projects assigned by management.
- Effectively communicate issues to management, including payer, system or escalated account issues as well as develop solutions.
- May assist with registration, claim edit, charge entry, cash research, credentialing, payment posting, patient correspondence or other operations projects as needed and directed by management.
- Researches and obtains required documents to resolve misdirected issues.
- Independently categorizes error reasons and coordinates with management or other team members to ensure errors are corrected and completed accurately.
- Completes reports and resolves high priority issues in timeframes requested by management.
- Assists in audit and quality review projects as requested and communicates trends identified.
- Meets deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Participate and attend meetings, training seminars and in-services to develop job knowledge.
- Responds timely to emails and telephone messages from the staff and management.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested by management.
- High School diplomas or equivalency
- A minimum of 2 years of physician medical billing or accounts receivables experience, or 1 year physician accounts receivables experience and equivalent schooling preferred; equivalent schooling includes a Medical Billing and Coding Certification or a New Grad with an associates or bachelor’s degree in healthcare related education programs, i.e. Health Information Management (HIM), Health Information Technology (HIT), etc.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft applications.
- 1 year of advanced working experience with Microsoft Excel skills to include V-lookups, pivot tables, concatenate skills, text-to-columns, and general expertise moving formulas from cell to cell
- Sharp intelligence of government payers and other commercial/managed care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing environment
- Previous experience with medical billing systems and knowledge of medical terminology required
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9/10 and HCPCS codes
- Ability to multi-task and recognize trends to effectively work A/R
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting to maximize quality and efficiently of operations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish and meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
- Flexibility, adaptability, and accountability are necessary for optimum client results
We are looking forward to reviewing your resumes!
Please, no agencies.