Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for an Operations & Configurations Controller.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week.
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The Operations & Configuration Controller, reporting directly to the Operations Support Manager, provides support to the business through the creation of manufacturing instructions, configuration of the SAP system whilst carrying out reviews of processes and policies in line with MOS requirements and maintaining the site visual boards.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To produce labour plans and production methods for new work in conjunction with Quality Production & Engineering. To include visual aids and subcontract processes ensuring the plans produced meet and reflect customer requirements including model, drawing and specifications required.
- Maintain and update existing labour plans where required to ensure they remain current and accurate liaising with Quality Production & Engineering as required.
- Support the activities within the Production Control and Ops Support department as determined by business demand.
- Conduct reviews of existing work processes re-planning where required in order to improve machine utilisation, set-up and cutting times and to achieve engineering cost reduction plans. Cycle time feedback should be monitored alongside the collation of estimated v’s actual times in order to achieve these improvements.
- Liaise with the Quality department as required in relation to the creation of FAIR pack documentation including inspection reports and supporting data.
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement activity within the business through the implementation of MOS policies and processes.
- Develop and maintain Visual Management Boards across the business ensuring data is kept current and relevant and complies with MOS requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of estimations to the customer for new and existing work liaising with the Magellan Commercial team.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain a good level of productivity at all times.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with the company Health & Safety policy and procedures. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management in support of the business.
- Good standard of education GCSE grade C or above
- Operational experience within manufacturing environment with good understanding of deadline requirements and customer demands
- SAP knowledge essential
- Good understanding of Production processes, configuration and methods.
- Good I.T. skills and understanding of Windows based software.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, ability to deliver to time and quality standard
- Conscientious, good interpersonal skills, flexible in approach to work
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!