Title: Operations Technician
City: Grand Rapids
Job Code: EB-1100674337
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Operations Technician to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Grand Rapids, MI.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Perform Final Visual Inspection and record keeping. Final Visual review for data collection, recording of 1st Pass Yield data, and maintaining the electronic technician product failure database.
- Services and troubleshoots the select products within assigned product team.
- Solves non-routine problems independently, seeking supervisory assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to handle more advanced assignments.
- Subassembly and final unit testing IAW applicable test specifications.
- Records product movement on the Visual Queue charts as appropriate, maintaining 5S initiatives, Continuous Improvement and Lean Mfg flow initiatives as determined by the department supervisor and management team.
- Maintains 5S initiatives, Continuous Improvement and Lean Mfg flow initiatives as determined by the department supervisor and management team.
- Environmental testing and monitoring of product.
- Perform manual functional test and failure diagnosis to component level.
- Perform assembly and/or repair as needed on through hole, SMT, and hybrid assemblies. Requires the ability to read and interpret assembly blueprints, schematics, inspection criteria documents, etc. in performance of this duty.
- Certify and retain all appropriate skills training certifications for related product acceptance stamp and/or job duties per SOPs 1811Q and 1211Q and as required by the Director of Quality.
- Electronics Technician Certificate, BSEET or College Associates degree in an Electronics field or the equivalent formal training normally acquired through certified electronics coursework or military provided training, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Course work should include electrical theory, analog power and wave shaping circuitry, digital signal steering and microprocessor control circuitry.
- Three to five years in a technical environment performing assembly/inspection (IAW IPC-A-610B Class 2 and/or Class 3) and test activities.
- Product tests require the knowledge and application skills to test products IAW applicable test specifications.
- Operate and disseminate data associated with Acceptance Test Equipment, environmental equipment such as Temperature Chambers, Rate Calibration Tables, and ESS Thermal Shock Chambers, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, analog and digital circuitry, will be required to deploy the diagnostic skills necessary to test and troubleshoot circuit card assemblies to a component level.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control as applied to assembly, inspection, and test processes and programs.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.