Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Ops Support Team Leader
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week. Mon - Thurs 07:30 - 16:30 / Fri 07:30-13:30
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
- To provide the leadership necessary to ensure all Operation support functions including planning, production control and internal supply parts and services on time to support the Manufacturing operation.
- To support the manufacturing control centre, ensuring all data is relevant, consistent and up to date, and report to senior team on performance. Work closely with the Ops Support Manager to define and deliver the manufacturing plan.
- To drive and maximise the manufacturing effectiveness of the Blackpool operations in line with customer requirements and Magellan Aerospace UK goals and objectives.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures.
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate/mitigate.
- Work in a safe manner complying with all risk assessments and procedures in line with company Health and Safety policy, reporting any Health and Safety incidents that occur
Production & General Outputs
- Provide leadership support of all operations support functions including planning, production, control and internal supply.
- Creation of all control centre data and production of management reports.
- Work with the production and operations management team to build operating budgets, forecasts, capital equipment requests and operational targets, in line with Magellan’s objectives; review operations in relations to budget on monthly basis.
- Improve the facilities performance by successful implementation and maintenance of corporate MOS processes.
- Maintaining and further develop positive effective working relationships in order to reach mutually beneficial outcomes to problems/business challenges.
- Analyse the manufacturing of products across the facility; make recommendations and implement changes to improve manufacturing effectiveness.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to company quality procedures.
- Encourage a quality culture consistent with the Magellan Quality Policy.
People & Resourcing
- Work with HR to ensure compliance to organisational policies, processes and procedures. Actively encourage positive behaviours in support of Magellan’s organisational values and culture
- Support resource and performance management of direct reports
- Preferably A levels or equivalent with GCSE including Math & English.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and particularly spreadsheet applications along with good knowledge of MRP (SAP useful but not essential)
- Working experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proven team building and development experience
- Track record of working, driving and influencing change
- Experience with introducing and implementing continuous process improvement (CPI) initiatives (Six sigma, lean, 5s)
- Analytical, numerate, report writing, presentational, problem solving. Leadership skills and teamwork
- Very good Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MRP
- Team working but able to take ownership and act independently as necessary.
- Detail orientated
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!