Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Support Manager
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To provide the strong Management, leadership necessary to ensure all Operation support functions supply parts and services on time to support the Manufacturing operation. To manage the manufacturing control centre, ensuring all data is relevant, consistent and up to date, and report to senior team on performance.
To drive and maximise the manufacturing effectiveness of the operations in line with customer requirements and Magellan Aerospace UK goals and objectives.
Closing Date: Friday 1st July
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
- Interpret and comply with company HSD&E Policies and safety regulations
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate/mitigate
Production & General Outputs
- Management of operations support functions including, planning and production.
- Management of all control centre data and production of management reports
- Achieve annual business plan targets developed by the facilities site operations manager in line with Magellan’s strategic direction.
- Improve the facilities performance by successful implementation and maintenance of corporate MOS processes.
- Maintaining and further developing positive effective working relationships with Stakeholders line managers, peers and direct reports in order to reach mutually beneficial outcomes to problems/business challenges.
- Analyse the manufacturing of products across the facility; make recommendations and implement changes to improve manufacturing effectiveness.
- Ensure all legal and governing legislation is adhered to in the facility.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance to company quality procedures
- Encourage a quality culture consistent with the Magellan Quality Policy
People & Resourcing
- Develop a strong and collaborative relationship with employees to create a flexible culture that inspires creative thought processes to ensure continuous process improvements throughout the manufacturing facilities.
- Provide strong leadership, management, coaching, mentoring and support to the organisation to enable compliance with Magellan’s systems and develop strong leaders in direct reports.
- Work with HR on all human resourcing matters to ensure legal compliance and compliance to organisational policies, processes and procedures.
- Actively encourage positive behaviours in support of Magellan’s organisational values and culture
- Responsible for the resources and performance management of direct reports:
- Recruitment/appraisals/coaching, training and utilisation.
- Bachelor’s degree (BENG in an engineering/manufacturing discipline) or Bachelors degree in business or manufacturing – Desirable or 3-4 years manufacturing experience.
Ideally, the job holder should posses the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Track record of working, driving and influencing change – Essential
- Strong senior management experience with precision machining/metal treatment and assembly – Desirable
- Working within and Aerospace environment – Desirable
- Working knowledge of SAP - Desirable
- Operations experience in a lean manufacturing plant environment – Desirable
- Experience with introducing and implementing continuous process improvement (CPI) initiatives (Six sigma, lean, 5s) – Desirable
- 5-10 years Aerospace industry experience – Desirable
- Great leadership and teamwork
- The ability to be flexible, adaptable and innovative
- Customer focus and communication skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills and Judgment, Professional and Job Knowledge
- Results orientated
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!