Chemical Operations Supervisor
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB: Reporting to the Chemical Operations Manager, the Chemical Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a wide variety of manufacturing activities including weighing of raw materials, batching of liquid and paste products and packaging of liquid, paste and other products.
- Developing and communicating Safety, Quality and Productivity expectations. Ensuring all associates understand and work to meet Safety, Quality and Productivity expectations.
- Developing and maintaining departmental SOPs and procedures. Ensuring all associates are trained on and adhere to SOPs and procedures.
- Working with Scheduling and Customer Service to maximum department efficiency while meeting Customer Service expectations.
- Development of associates’ skills and knowledge through training and coaching.
- Continuously improve department operations through the use of lean manufacturing principles, problem solving skills and teamwork.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree required with a focus on Biology, Chemistry or Engineering preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant manufacturing experience (including 3+ years of previous supervisory experience) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Experience in effectively managing other people through strong leadership skills and team building techniques.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Demonstrated follow through skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in a regulated environment (FDA, ISO, etc.).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Excel and Outlook).
- Familiar with all departments within manufacturing and their interdependency, including flow of materials and flow of information.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization including the executive team.
Able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk frequently during the shift. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed and on weekends. May need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
Exposure to manufacturing environment with some abnormal variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.