Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational support for the business including trade confirmations, and settlements investigations. The incumbent will collaborate daily with cross functional team and Global partners and clients in Toronto, New York, Singapore and London to deliver control functions and mitigate risk to provide a seamless client service experience. This position is also responsible to explore and deliver leading edge innovation and process improvements to streamline our support model.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Ensure day-to day operational support functions are performed accurately in accordance with the department's policies; outstanding settlements are immediately followed-up and/or escalated with the client and the Front Office in order to avoid any losses to the bank
• Ensure all confirmations are drafted, dispatched and executed accurately in accordance with the policies
• Ensure all settlements are processed accurately in accordance with the policies
• Ensure risk, control and service level requirements are maintained
• Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade confirmation and settlement lifecycle by interacting with multiple Trading Desks and other global Operations teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
• Chase and follow up with clients on all outstanding confirmations or settlements and escalate in timely manner
• Report and escalate any un-confirmed or failed trades to the desk and senior management in a timely manner.
• Acquire and apply expertise business knowledge, drive cross team collaboration by providing guidance and direction to team members and other business units
• Effectively handle crucial and/or high-risk issues, determining the most appropriate and expeditious course for the successful resolution by exercising tact and diplomacy and maintaining good customer relations.
• Work closely with business partners to execute a number of critical projects and initiatives and actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives.
• Analyze service delivery issues and identify potential solutions that enhance the customer experience and support the firms business objectives
• Foster an innovation culture and mindset by challenging and evolving the business strategy and identifying efficiencies within the trade lifecycle
What you will bring to this role:
• Minimum 4 years' experience in an Operations related role, preferably experience within metals transactions would be considered any asset.
• Strong knowledge of SWIFT payments, SWIFT confirmation standards and reconciliations
• Strong knowledge of confirmation SWIFT standards and ISDA requirements for the various types of Global Metals products
• Experience with software development with Python (pandas), VBA or JAVA
• Experience with data manipulation
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel)
• Capital Markets Experience - 4 yrs
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.