This position is responsible for the operational performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) of a set value stream in the packaging area. This role will provide leadership, set direction, provide performance management, and coordinate required resources to complete monthly schedules in a cGMP compliant environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED):
- Insures assigned operations comply with all applicable local, corporate, and regulatory safety guidelines.
- Manages safety processes for their area of responsibility including:
- Safety awareness and training.
- Injury prevention and management.
- Personnel safety accountability.
Customer Satisfaction responsibility:
- Insures compliance with all applicable corporate and regulatory SOP and cGMP guidelines for their area of responsibility.
- Manages processes ensuring required levels of customer delivery and quality performance.
- Operational Excellence responsibility:
- Manages all operational aspects of their area of responsibility including productivity, cost, continuous improvement and daily business processes.
- Developing and achieving annual budget for their areas of responsibility.
- Building a culture where ideas are shared by the team and implemented in a timely fashion to capitalize on process improvements.
- Be able to teach and mentor continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
- Ensures all personnel in their areas of responsibility receive necessary and appropriate training for their job function.
- Ensures management and development of all salaried personnel in their area of responsibility to include necessary hiring, discipline, rewards and recognition.
- Sets and achieves aggressive goals for their areas of responsibility.
- Effectively manages union relations including hiring, discipline, rewards and recognition, and grievance handling with support from Human Resources.
- Establish and utilize metrics to drive improvement activity and ensure that decisions are based on facts and measurement trends.
- Establish and continually enhance self-sustaining processes that drive employee involvement and support decision making at the lowest possible level while maintaining compliance with all CGMP requirements and achieving business goal and objective. Remove roadblocks as needed.
- Align production, mechanical, materials, customer service and quality functions to establish reliable processes that improve safety, quality, schedule and cost performance.
- Initiate improvement projects to reduce cycle time, increase throughput and minimize changeover losses to increase internal capacity.
- Interface with customer in a professional manner to deliver value and to ensure customer satisfaction. Develop operations scorecard to communicate with customer.
- Manage daily staffing and balance production and customer needs to manage costs and create reliable processes.
- Establish visual management systems and develop team to deploy lean manufacturing methods to improve operational performance.
Production Supervisors, Production Inspectors, Packers, Operators, Mechanics, and Material Handlers
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT:
Bachelor of Science degree in Logistics, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering or related field, plus 5 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in a production environment.
- Prior experience as a front line leader for at least 2 years in a participatory shop floor team environment.
- Record of success in managing in a "job shop", multiple customer environments.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in selecting and developing outstanding talent and building a cohesive, highly motivated team.
- Must possess and demonstrate the ability to direct individuals and delegate responsibilities and tasks.
- Knowledge and experience in managing best practice manufacturing processes (lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, TQM, etc.
- Must be dependable and show initiative to improve the overall throughput and financial goals of the organization.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Comfortable at both senior management and shop floor level.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with a variety of individuals within and between departments.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge and experience in cGMPs and relevant Safety Regulations (e.g., OSHA).
- Must be computer literate with past experience using MS Office and ERP systems.
Walking, standing, sitting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be physically capable to perform the above duties with or without reasonable accommodations which may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Packaging plant, manufacturing, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.