Reporting to the Director of Operations for a specialized manufacturing company that generates $550 million in gross revenues with 2,500 associates. North America's leading service provider of engineered components, products, and solutions for the window and door industry. Their vision is to make every home and building in North America better. Their mission is to create long term value for their shareholders, customers, employees, families, suppliers and communities through a culture of innovation, empowerment and trusted results, and providing the broadest, highest quality product portfolio.
The Operations Manager provides strong leadership to all facets of operations to ensure a safe, highly productive environment that will provide seamless customer satisfaction with a high-quality product. Utilizes education, experience, and technical expertise to provide leadership and training for lean manufacturing methodology, production systems and processes, continuous improvement and leadership development. Manages 10 direct reports (5 production supervisors, 2 CI Engineers, 1 Process Engineer, 1 Manuf. Engineer, Production Trainer) and the entire facility of 300+ total employees. Challenged to design, re-engineer and fine tune manufacturing processes to increase the amount of value added by each employee. Must motivate and educate the workforce to cope with change and to initiate changes which enable them to produce more without incurring additional costs. Has considerable latitude to organize existing machines and labor resources to meet production expectations and optimize costs. Performance is judged on manufacturing organization’s ability to meet production goals and remain within safety, quality, and cost.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Manufacturing management in a plastics-oriented consumer or industrial good facility (5 years)
- Provided safe work environment, instilled safe operations & eliminated the causes of incidents.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping).
- Driven performance management principles for development & alignment with company initiatives
- Technical capacity relating to staff knowledge, training, and experience with system operations & processes
- Implemented and supported ISO 9001 systems.
- Developed and worked with process driven organization
- Performed full-cycle project management
- Utilized ERP systems and software
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: BA or BS in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business Administration
- Residence: North Carolina (Relocation assistance provided)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Extrusions / Plastic extrusion
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Education: MBA
- Strong Leadership
- Excellent and focused written and verbal communication
- Communicates across all levels and forums to drive the success of the team and deliver expected end results
- Presented information to Executive Level Leadership relating to the State of Business of Operational Unit.
- Problem solver through analytical applications and root cause analysis.
- Advanced mathematical aptitude
- Encouraged teamwork and collaboration in participative environment
- Fostered continuous Improvement
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.666.3354, ext.107Click here to apply online