Job Summary: The Operations Manager must have background and industrial experience engaged in Lean manufacturing. The best candidate will be tenacious at identifying waste in the process and will have proficiencies in coaching management and operators in the culture and mindset of Lean. S/he will have a strong desire for upward mobility. The hired candidate will be mentored as a potential successor to the Plant Manager position.
- Bachelor’s degree required – degree in Engineering or Business preferred; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 7 years of experience in a leadership role in heavy industrial manufacturing
- Previous aluminum casting/remelt experience is preferred
- Drive superior HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) performance through an attitude and approach that “all injuries are preventable”.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of department managers and supervisors to ensure that the Plant’s financial strategy is implemented effectively, consistently and according to established plant objections and make necessary modifications when business conditions dictate.
- Manage and control plant production staff functions and resources for the facility.
- Maintain effective and respectful employee relations and an engaged workforce.
- Plan, implement, and control plant activities to achieve plant performance goals consistent with our Extrusion North America / West Region objectives.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through a foundation of our company’s Extrusion Business System (EBS), lean manufacturing concepts, and operational excellence.
- Manage operations and personnel in a manner that clearly demonstrates our company’s core values – Care, Courage, & Collaboration.
- Actively participate in business reviews, planning and strategy sessions as required, and ensure plant reporting requirements are met for production and maintenance functions.
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced business, ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization; ability to look at situations from several points of view