Reporting to the VP of Operations of a growing logistics company that provides truckload, LTL and specialized transportation services with a focus on inbound logistics.
The Operations Manager will manage the partner carrier network and develop strategies to ensure the partner carrier network meets customers’ requirements. Will guide the carrier sales team, securing capacity to provide customers with the most efficient mode of transportation for their products, on time and intact. This highly motivated individual will grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and account managers /customers utilizing personal contacts, networking and strong price negotiations to grow sustainable profitable business relationships. Challenge is to successfully grow new and existing customer accounts by providing superior service and ensuring best practices are being utilized by all team members, while increasing revenues and improving profitability. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Carrier Development in Brokerage environment (4+ years)
- Managing Carrier Sales Team (2+ years)
- Modes of transportation (i.e. Truckload, LTL, Specialized)
- Strong Negotiation Ability (Carrier, Customer, Margin Integrity)
- Create a carrier following utilizing historical data and carrier management techniques.
- Carrier Procurement KPI’s (i.e. load count, revenue, margin, load count, call logs)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Residence: Chicago, IL
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: College Graduate - BA or BS
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- High energy with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Katelyn Reed
330.664.9400, ext.123Click here to apply online