Provides a safety focused manufacturing environment for associates to produce quality products at competitive costs through application of lean daily management systems and leadership. Provides strategic direction for operations, which includes manufacturing, facilities support, maintenance, plastic process engineering and long term planning of press fleet and equipment. Broad responsibility for overall operations of the Molding and Assembly value stream. Manage and implement safety, quality, and efficiency improvements to maximize profitable growth, provide premiere customer service, develop work force, reduction of operating costs, lead times, and inventory. Oversee day-to-day activities of the value streams and production to meet daily targets to achieve budgetary targets of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people engagement.
- Maintaining safe work environment for associates and preventively addressing safety concerns and use of appropriate PPE.
- Ensuring compliance with GMP’s and SOP’s as defined by policies, practices and procedures
- Talent performance and development management needed for successful and efficient operation to meet budgetary targets
- Manage 6 direct reports and up to 100 indirect reports
- Supports recruiting activities related to operations
- Manage value improvement plan with goal of increasing manufacturing productivity.
- Utilizing lean production tools and management approach to implement and sustain productivity gains.
- Creates and nourishes culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization with focus on root cause and corrective / preventive actions.
- Establishes manufacturing priorities on short, mid, and long term horizon and across all shifts
- Participate in new product launches to ensure manufacturing success on time and on cost with adequate technical solution matching the opportunity requirements
- Develop annual operating plan with goals & objectives for assembly and molding departments.
- Creates environment of employee empowerment and ensures standardized work/processes are followed
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the organization based on Viant values
- Works to develop future state value stream maps and machine OEE improvement as well as strategic machine fleet management
- Knowledge of FDA QSR and ISO13485:2016; medical device production experience
- 5-7 years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams in size, scope, and complexity in plastic injection molding environment.
- 7-10 years Leadership experience in manufacturing environment. 24/7 operation and Union experience preferred.
- Sufficient experience and background in accounting, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results by meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
- Working knowledge or leadership of lean process improvements/implementation and lean daily management.
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business
- This position does require moderate amounts of walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, and twisting
- Employee may be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as:
- Preparing and analyzing data and figures
- Viewing a computer screen
- Extensive reading
- Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or machine operation
- Using measurement devices
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- This position requires less than 10% travel