Reporting to the Director of Operations for a specialized manufacturing company that generates $500MM in gross revenues with 2,800 associates. North America's leading service provider of engineered components, products, and solutions for a large and growing industry. Their vision is to make every home and building in North America better. Their mission is to create long term value for their shareholders, by developing and manufacturing the highest quality product portfolio in the industry.
The Operations Manager provides strong leadership to all facets of operations to ensure a safe, highly productive environment that will provide seamless customer satisfaction with a high-quality product. Utilizes education, experience, and technical expertise to provide leadership and training for lean manufacturing methodology, production systems and processes, continuous improvement and leadership development. Manages 10 direct reports (8 production supervisors, 1 die cast supervisor and 1 quality supervisor). The entire facility of 600+ employees with 300+ production employees. Challenged to design, re-engineer and fine tune manufacturing processes to increase the amount of value added by each employee. Must motivate and educate the workforce to cope with change and to initiate changes which enable them to produce more without incurring additional costs. Has considerable latitude to organize existing machines and labor resources to meet production expectations and optimize costs. Performance is judged on manufacturing organization’s ability to meet production goals and remain within safety, quality, and cost. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Manufacturing management in a consumer or industrial good facility or components for OEM (3 years)
- ‘Hands on’ Manufacturing experience (10 years)
- Provided safe work environment, instilled safe operations & eliminated the causes of incidents.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts (i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping).
- Driven performance management principles for development & alignment with company initiatives
- Technical capacity relating to staff knowledge, training, and experience with system operations & processes
- Developed and worked with process driven organization
- Performed full-cycle project management
- Utilized ERP systems and software
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Education: BA or BS in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business Administration
- Residence: Greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area (Relocation assistance possible)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Metal fabrication and production
- Familiar with and supported ISO 9001 systems
- Light manufacturing and assembly of components (die cast, stamping and coating),
- Strong Leadership
- Excellent and focused written and verbal communication
- Communication across all levels of the organization to drive the success of the team and deliver expected results
- Strong math aptitude and problem solver through analytical applications and root cause analysis.
- Encouraged teamwork and collaboration in participative environment
- Fostered continuous Improvement
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Partner: Roz Kennon
CPG, Transportation, Logistics, & Supply ChainRkennon@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.107Click here to apply online