Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, a part of Magellan Aerospace Kelbrook, Lancashire has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager.
The individual will excercise full facility responsibility for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery & Team development across the Operational areas of Euravia MRO.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Occupational Health and Ergonomics focussed
- On site bonus scheme
- Employee advantages scheme
- AA Home Emergency Response discount
- Enterprise Rent a Car special rate
- Long Service Recognition
- Refer a Friend Awards
- Free Parking
- Achieve planned output of each project on time in full
- Achieve agreed cost targets
- Ensure all MRO requirements are maintained & conform in accordance to externally defined quality standards
- Ensure the site operates are in line with the company's Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Ensure all employees are appropriately trained to defined required standards
- Drive Continuous Improvement methods to remove waste and ensure operational efficiencies are improved
- Form Four Holder position
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures
- Interpret and comply with company HS&E Policies and safety regulations
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate
- To comply with driving regulations as required by the company Health and safety Policy
- Manage, motivate and lead the management team to ensure achievement of the strategic and operational plans.
- To ensure that the MOS™, Magellan Operating System processes are embedded within manufacturing and are compliant with the methodology.
- Resolve all customers’ delivery and quality issues.
- Full profit and loss accountability for the on-going, profitable development of the business
- Promote ‘best practice’ and continuous improvement initiatives within the business
- Hold ultimate responsibility for the smooth running of the business, including health & safety, financial management, business development, quality, people management, engineering
- Develop trainee schemes with the Magellan Training Manager to ensure excellent ‘home grown’ talent.
- Maximise operating efficiencies through effective resource planning and engineering process improvement.
- Ensure capacity plans are created, owned and used to ensure that each area can manage the throughput for future growth
- Support the facilities maintenance of the site including future planning in line with strategic business objectives and ensuring day to day maintenance requirements are dealt with in a safety, quality, and cost conscious approach
- Responsible for the hiring of new employees and maintenance of headcount budgets within the company policy and procedure.
- Observe Company Quality procedures
- Identify non-conformance and ensure that RFT is driven throughout each area of the business
- Ensure the operational performance is in line with Euravia’s M.O.E
- Ensure that Team Leaders are accountable for Safety, Quality & Delivery within their departmental areas
- Actively promote multiskilling across the workforce. Design, agree and develop succession planning opportunities at all levels with key staff
- 3. To strive to continuously improve the performance of the team members by setting clear and challenging goals and objectives, with set timescales, which are regularly reviewed as a key performance requirement
- 4. To be responsible for all disciplinary matters including absence levels, holidays, timekeeping and working to company disciplinary procedure.
- Lead by example, engendering team participation to reinforce continuous improvement programmes
- Champion waste reduction, VSM and Kaizen events across the operational areas of Euravia
- Drive CI and set challenging efficiency targets for each area
- Adhering to the 6S policy and plan
- To ensure the work area complies to the company wide 6S standards
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Degree or appropriate professional qualification, industry specific.
- At least 10 years’ experience at a similar level, within aerospace MRO preferred or automotive.
- Previous experience of EASA 145 Continued airworthiness
- Financial acumen
- Highly literate with Good Presentation skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Good Communication capabilities
- Ability to Communicate across all levels
- Computer literate especially with Microsoft Office
- Provide high levels of leadership
- Be able to persuade and Instruct others
- Be able to identify issues and organise resolution to completion.
- Personable and ability to instil enthusiasm and commitment
Euravia Engineering, A Magellan Aerospace Company is a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services for a wide range of gas turbines - with particular expertise in the Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6 engine series.
Operating from four purpose-built, fully FAA and EASA approved facilities in Lancashire, England, Euravia offers a Total Support framework for PT6 Engine Operators around the world. Our focus is to address the Customer's unique individual requirements, delivering first class turboprop engine performance and reliability alongside peerless customer service, with efficient turn times and cost-effective pricing.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!