Supervises and recruits field staff and PMO personnel to ensure optimal performance and peak efficiencies while overseeing completion of developed company and team goals.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Continually builds team though cross training, performance evaluations, compensation reviews, employee development, promotions, coaching, motivating and dismissals.
- Strong ability to recruit and retain staff, develop relationships with area high schools, technical schools and colleges. Ensure accurate staffing levels for current and forecasted workload.
- Serves as an active member of the management team, attending meetings, providing input on CEC strategies, direction, policies, and processes.
- Attends all project scheduling meetings and gathers feedback from the Project Management Office to ensure compliance of CEC policies and processes from team members.
- Creates and communicates clear team goals for assigned personnel and assigned team, rewarding and disciplining employees as needed.
- Ensures team goals are conducive to overall company strategies, building team for the future of CEC.
- Reviews and approves all labor hours, labor overtime, and expenses for assigned personnel.
- Maintains high levels of communication to all stake holders associated with assigned personnel and projects.
- Participates in the creation of technology-based Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) along with project schedule templates for identified WBS elements.
- Directs and oversees the identification and scheduling of the best field-staff resources for all booked and forecasted projects along with buffer zones.
- Performs risk analysis and risk planning on project schedules, including incorporation of risk mitigation and contingency activities, as necessary. Advises project leadership of risks that may affect project profit margins as well as schedules.
- Analyzes labor demand/supply data and identifies resource shortages and/or overages. Assesses project metrics, including schedule variances and trends, and provides monthly reports to the PMO and Leadership Team.
- Participates in the bid/proposal process to provide project schedules and timelines for high-profile projects.
- Works with the PMO and Operations groups to develop recovery plans for troubled or failing projects.
- Provides a monthly 30-60-90 day forecasted billings by office and as a company.
- Participates in the creation and maintenance of project management processes, procedures, tools, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
- Group CNPS - >70
- Project Overages - <5%
- Quality Issues - <1%
- Safety Violations - <1%
The Operations Manager directly oversees Project Foreman and Installation Technicians.
- Two year degree from an accredited college, university, or technical institution with coursework in construction, project management, communications, business, or technical, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education. Plus one year working experience in a corporation, involved in multiple work functions and/or management environment within the communications industry.
- 3-4 Years of direct supervisory experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Good presentation skills, large and small groups
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of communications systems, including audio, video, security, fire alarm, wireless, and data networks.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.