endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and directing all manufacturing activities for the line of business to develop reliable processes that are cost-effective and support the organization’s short and long-term business objectives. Anticipate technological and engineering changes in the global marketplace and review opportunities to enhance production operations in order to optimize productivity and business growth.
- Manages all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs, and image.
- Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Lead and develop the operations team
- Work with human resources to maintain a positive Management/Union Relationship
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- All Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of operations management experience required
- Minimum 2 years automotive Tier 1 materials management experience preferred
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in injection molding preferred
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent MS Office tools fluency, especially Excel
- Experience with QAD preferred
- Self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, and strong initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.