The Operations Manager is responsible to collaboratively set and attain profit targets and to direct and assist staff, equipment, and plant facilities toward a goal of quality production in sufficient quantity to keep pace with the customer requirements. This position is responsible for attaining and maintaining all Corporate goals for the facility. This position is the primary representative of Injection Molding management in the facility, it is also the responsibility of the Operations Manager to favorably promote the company name and products wherever possible and to administer the Corporate policy as directed.
- In collaboration with Corporate staff, plans and establishes profitability targets, defines and executes plans to meet them.
- Pro-actively participates in the idealization and development of new products.
- Through subordinates, directs scheduling and production activities in such manner as to ensure the timely delivery of products within cost and quality specifications.
- Review regular production reports and follows up with the appropriate supervision regarding any productivity or scheduling issues to ensure maximum utilization of resources and on-time delivery. Analyzes production problems or bottlenecks, and evaluates alternative methods, processes, and equipment. Develops and disseminates meaningful productivity indicators on a regular basis.
- Implement quality systems and programs designed to provide assurance of product quality.
- Plan, organize and adjust manpower across all shifts based on workload volume and sequence of manufacturing processes.
- Execute Company policies and procedures regarding job announcements, and selects successful candidates. Establish and communicate job content, accountabilities, and standards of performance and conduct for employees, and conducts regular formal performance evaluations; coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions as required.
- Analyze and review operating methods and procedures on an ongoing basis so as to develop and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Implement all health, safety and environmental policies to ensure a safe environment for all employees that comply with all levels of environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Through coaching, counseling, and instructional resources, provides opportunities for staff to improve technical and managerial skills.
- Develop the annual fiscal year operating budget and capital budget. Determines labor standards and staffing levels on an annual and ongoing basis. Reviews regular financial reports and follows up as necessary to control costs and approve all purchases of supplies and equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in business or engineering and five (5) years related work experience in Injection Molding Management. MBA preferred.
Must possess knowledge in overall responsibility for manufacturing operations including injection molding.
Must possess experience supervising, coaching, and developing staff.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making.
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
Click here to apply online