We have a great client in the greater Indianapolis area who are in need of an Operations Manager for their injection molding facility. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the following;
Click here to apply online
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Works with Production Supervisors and Managers on employee relation issues/recognition.
- Participates in plant staff, shift and safety meetings, and conducts regular departmental meetings and departmental training based on needs assessment.
- Determines and controls maintenance budget to ensure efficient use of funds and reduce/eliminate repetitive purchases by identifying and eliminating root causes.
- Maintains direct contact with the Engineering department on the latest improvements to plant machinery and systems to more effectively increase manufacturing performance and reduce operating costs.
- Investigates and diagnoses causes of breakdowns and develop programs and solutions to reduce/eliminate future occurrences.
- Responsible for the execution of a production schedule to satisfy customer service requirements with respect to time, cost, and quality.
- Maintains contact with the sales department so that customer requirements are effectively met and maximum utilization of plant facilities is obtained.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of shift personnel to attain department goals.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other functional areas.
- Participates in plant operational planning meetings.
- Develops new methods and procedures to optimize manufacturing efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Assists in taking all physical inventories in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Meets with vendors and plant visitors.
- Ensures that the necessary plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are developed and that production employees have been trained to meet plant operations objectives.
- 0-25% travel may be required