Reporting to the Vice President of Finance for a local and regional flatbed and dry van truckload transport services company. The company has 25+ power units, with transport capabilities from machinery and food products to steel and lumber.
The Operations Manager will provide leadership to position the company to operate successfully in the transportation industry. Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's missions and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization. Oversee the company’s operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources. The Operations Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company. This includes bringing in new business and growing the business with the existing customers to meet/exceed the revenue goals and requirements. Maintain good working relationships with all customers. Oversee dispatch operations including hiring, disciplining, and terminating direct reports of dispatch staff and drivers, filling in when needed. Develop effective strategies for recruitment and retention of company drivers. Head up company’s fleet safety initiatives as well as CSA and other government regulations. Oversee fleet maintenance requirements and equipment purchases. Serve as the point person company Leasing customers (equipment leasing). Maintain close relationships with significant customers, including the determination of appropriate rates which will enable the company to meet/exceed the revenue goals and requirements. Approve and implement the company’s operational procedures, policies, and standards. Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions. Evaluate performance of employees for compliance with established policies and objectives of the companies and contributions in attaining objectives. Presides over driver meetings. Manage, evaluate, and review the operations of the companies Freight Brokerage (a licensed freight brokerage operation). Represent and promote the company to local and regional industry associations (PMTA, Traffic Club, Chamber of Commerce, etc.). Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation and fleet management experience, OTR truck transportation (7 years)
- Personnel supervision (i.e. dispatchers, dispatch assistants, drivers)
- Strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of transportation and third-party logistics, negotiating, sales and management.
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Developing financial plans and manage resources; analyze and interpret financial data.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office platform
- Education: High School Diploma
- Residence: Eastern PA (relocation assistance may be available)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or other related field
- Class A CDL and Forklift Certification
- Experience with border crossings / related paperwork for deliveries into Canada
- Knowledge of flatbed operations
- Effective customer management, while understanding the owners need to earn an ROI on invested capital
- Extremely pleasant personality - earn the respect of the drivers
- Detail oriented, highly organized, accurate with numbers and perform well under pressure
- Team Player
- Hands-on manager- works to make it happen
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online