PURPOSE: The Operations Manager will plan, coordinate, and oversee all activities within this tissue converting facility to ensure it is operating effectively, efficiently, and safely. The position is accountable for all aspects and areas of facility performance. This role will architect the culture of the facility by leading in change efforts, sponsoring continuous improvement initiatives, fostering team and individual development toward the desired future state as defined.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure safety best practices at all levels; Remain in compliance with all EHS regulations, standards, and guidelines; Lead in the creation, execution and maintenance of a safety culture.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations resulting in product output, quality, service and delivery that exceeds customer expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate plant activities through department managers and individual contributors to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are aligned and accomplished.
- Develop and control profits, financial targets, and budgets; Oversee capital asset maintenance; Implement effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, and labor cost.
- Implement strategies in alignment with Corporate strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction, focus, and urgency.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets in all areas to ensure positive return on investments.
- Directly manage plant operations personnel; Collaborate in a team approach with multiple support personnel so that efforts to accomplish targets and objectives are aligned and seamless.
- Test and monitor plant processes, collect and analyze data, identifying improvement opportunities; Execute and drive continuous improvement and change efforts to improve performance in all areas.
- Share a trusting relationship with the local work group; lead, recruit, manage, train and develop the local team to maximize talent, reduce turnover, and create the desired culture.
- Stay up to date with production management best practices and concepts, industry awareness, progressive leadership approaches and performance management best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years plant operations leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in budgeting, financial report analysis and financial controls
- Familiarity with state and federal regulatory requirements for production facilities
- Proficient with MS Office and overall systems/computer literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in all formats and at all levels
- Superior knowledge of business, leadership and management principles
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Workable knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and strategies
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate employees and lead change efforts
- Superior problem-solving skills with ability to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, maintenance, warehouse and inventory processes