We have a great client who is a global leader in the food & beverage packaging industries who are in need of an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the following;
- Leadership. Leading and controlling the use of human resources, capital, equipment, and materials consistent with Company Values, to produce the highest quality products, at the lowest cost, maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Safety. Managing an aggressive effort for the manufacturing operation to meet all Safety Goals.
- Results. Creating action that will result in achieving the Business Plan Manufacturing Goals, and continuously improving PSY/MPI performance (scrap and productivity), driving process improvements, and employing Operational Excellence (OPEX) concepts.
- Development of other Leaders. Champion the development of the Production Supervisors, Process Engineers, and Line Leaders, and assess the skill sets necessary to enhance their individual and overall operational performance.
- Training. Supporting the development of effective training and development programs for operations personnel, utilizing Operational Excellence principles, TQC, SPC, TPM and JIT. Implementing and providing this same training, including coaching and counseling to production employees and supervisors to increase their overall effectiveness, involvement, accountability, and their attainment of results.
- Maintenance. Directing the Maintenance Manager and developing, implementing, and managing an effective maintenance strategy using preventive and predictive concepts resulting in maximum equipment up-time and process control and capability. Reducing downtime and increasing performance as measured by total R&M costs, MTTR, and MTBF.
- Quality Systems. With the Quality Manager, develop, establish, and implement Standardized Work, Process Controls, and an effective Quality System to achieve all customer requirements and highest levels of satisfaction.
- Teamwork. Establish and maintain excellent communications with Plant Manager, all other department managers, and all subordinates; work in a team-oriented environment supporting organizational goals and projects.
- Development. Personal individual development for potential growth from this position into other positions of increasing levels of responsibility.
- Financial. Understand financial objectives; meet or exceed financial performance targets (i.e. scrap and downtime); participate in forecasting and financial analysis; manage capital projects including writing and completing RFAs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
- Wear appropriate required safety gear
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role as plant is operated 24/7
- Provide on-shift training relative to specific function
- Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
- Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
- Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
- Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
- Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
- Participate in work related training programs
- Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
- Able to travel without assistance as required by specific role
- Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
Click here to apply online