Our client situated in Tzaneen, South Africa, has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced Operations Manager: Nurseries
Are you a hard-working leader with a passion for agriculture, plant propagation and business management? Are you a dynamic thinker with excellent negotiation skills and experience in nursery management? Do you have what it takes to exceed customer expectations, while driving a sustainable business and returning maximum profits for the company? If so, then you may be our next Nurseries Operations Manager!
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the WFE avocado nurseries in a sustainable manner that exceeds customer expectations and delivers maximum returns for the company. The incumbent must drive a process of continuous improvement, lead the nursery team in a process of successfully adopting superior propagation techniques, and establish a supply of quality plant material that will meet the demanding requirements of an ever-expanding operation.
Qualifications and Expertise
- 5 years' experience in nursery management
- 3 years' business management experience
- BSc Agric (or similar), or a Degree in Business Management
- Nursery management and clonal tree production techniques
- Fully computer literate (MS Office - Word and Excel, Microsoft AX)
- Thorough knowledge of business management
- A solid understanding of plant propagation
- Lead a team through a process of change and continuous improvement while optimising the production capacities of the nurseries
- Excellent business English skills (written and spoken)
- An ability to communicate detail, while giving clear work instructions
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Hard working with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Determined to make a success of challenging situations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Have an inherent energy directed towards leading and being a part of a team
The Company offers a Total Guaranteed Remuneration Package which comprises provident fund, insured benefits, medical aid and an option to structure an annual bonus.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.