EW-Costa Rica - JOB DESCRIPTION
Calling all creatives, solvers, analysts, planners, doers and visionaries!
East West Costa Rica is looking to add a talented Operations Manager to our team in San Jose, Costa Rica. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing outstanding leadership, sound technical expertise and operational guidance to a team of production engineers and operations.
• Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or University with major course work in Industrial engineer, electrical engineering, or related engineering fields.
• Bilingual, proficient spoken and written English - Spanish.
• Experience required: 10+ years’ experience as Operation or Engineering management role & 10+ Years’ experience in Electronics Manufacturing industry (Direct work experience with SMT, WAVE & Box Build processes required)
Lead all operations & engineering manufacturing activities, encompassing capital and process development projects, providing superior technical knowledge. Responsible for providing leadership, outstanding people skills and management to a team of production engineers & operations. Responsible for installation, maintenance, and improvement of production lines. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance. Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Reports to: General Manager of Costa Rica
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions may include the following: (Other related duties may be assigned.)
1. Assuring golden standards for EMS industries are applied in every operational stage by mentoring and guiding, engineers, supervisors & operators. Setting clear expectations and maintaining a communication plan that disseminates key objectives and decisions to all involved in the processes.
2. Lead engineers and operations on production fixture development, optimized line layout, time studies, automation opportunities, improved material handling, preventive maintenance, factory space utilization, facility support (air, electricity, etc.) and related process improvements
3. Manage and maintain equipment and process plans consistent with lean manufacturing principles to achieve quality and capacity requirements.
4. Develop and implement management methods and procedures for operations engineering team projects. Issue progress reports to inform management of status.
5. Develop and maintain plans and budget procedures for team projects to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales.
6. Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility. Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting.
7. Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate structure, staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
8. Support all current production and new product introductions. Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
9. Provide technical inputs to bids for new business and facilitate successful outcomes.
10. Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process
11. Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the manufacturing strategy.
12. Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize delivery and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Analytical, open minded & innovative thinking.
• Self-supervising within the expectations of Senior Management with outcomes reviewed at Senior level.
• Practical experience performing hands-on and managing others performing in at least one of these areas: Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Test Engineering, Failure Analysis and Facilities Maintenance
• Demonstrated experience (by examples) of continuous improvement successes in a electronic or electromechanical manufacturing factory environment
• Experience creating production engineering processes/procedure
• Excellent department and team leadership in past roles
• Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
• Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
• Understanding of lean manufacturing processes, engineering, scientific and other technical information.
• Planning and prioritizing activities.
• Ability to present data effectively.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with customers, vendors, other employees and the public.
• Skill in record keeping.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Travel might be required (up to 25% of the time)
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities
Click here to apply online