Our client is a leading Supplier to Contractors and Industrial Companies in New York. They offer the largest selection of quality Lumber, Drywall, Board Products, Building Supplies, and Specialty Products as well as deliver them with personal, dependable service. Based in 1 of the 5 boroughs, this company has been a respected name in the industry for decades. They are looking for an Operations Manager to join their team.
- Manage warehouse operations, yard, receiving, order processing, billing and inventory
- Responsible for P&L management and ensuring all operational costs are in line with budgets
- Lead, coach, and train all warehouse and plant employees
- Ensure safety is always top priority
- Certify employees hold valid and current licenses/permits for equipment being operated
- Teach proper loading, unloading, and storage of inventory to minimize product damage
- Responsible for overall recruitment, hiring, training, and management of employees within the facility
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified, and Motivated Professionals. You might say we are not a “Search Firm" but rather a “Find Firm.”
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role overseeing 20+ employees
- Building Products/Wood manufacturing/distribution experience is a MUST
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Safety Rules & Regulations
- Strong leadership and communication proficiency
- Solid decision making and problem-solving ability
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact Mike directly at 603.621.9037 Ext.109.