Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Operations Manager to join our client’s growing team.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@zsgtalent.com
- Direct the activities of the production and shop department in a safe and efficient manner for quality and quantity.
- Manage workforce levels of all shop-related personnel and oversee the scheduling of their work hours
- Oversee the hiring, training, motivation, evaluation and work of all shop-related personnel
- Coordinate plant inventory
- Assure equipment and facilities are properly maintained. Purchase needed replacement parts, and recommend capital expenditures
- Assure efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods and elimination of wasteful practices
- Establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluations
- 5+ years of reinforcing steel fabrication or related steel industry
- 3+ years leadership experience as a supervisor
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA Industrial Safety Standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field
- Knowledge of business, labor relations, cost accounting and industrial regulations and standards
- Experience implementing continuous improvement and/or related project management experience in implementing improvements