Assume leadership of the day-to-day operations for this successful Animal Feed Mill in Humboldt, SK. Our client is a long-standing, financially stable organization in the animal nutrition industry. As a company that grew with the nation throughout the twentieth century, it was built by the pioneering ambition of Canadians. This pioneering spirit has now transitioned into one of Canada's largest premium animal nutrition companies by joining one of the top 10 animal health companies in the world. This organization collaborates as a national team to bring research-based, species-specific solutions to local farms. They offer their customers proven nutrition programs and their staff a challenging, team-oriented work environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth. They also offer our agriculturally dependent planet the commitment to deploy long term, sustainable decisions - reducing production imprint and post-consumer impact.
With support from your departmental supervisors, you will assume overall responsibility for the plant's efficiency, safety, continuous improvements, quality control, regulatory compliance, productivity, cost control, maintenance, project management, inventory, and account management. Challenge yourself to position this feed mill as one of the top in the country!
Located a 1.5 hrs from Saskatoon, the City of Humboldt is a diverse business, service, manufacturing, mining and agricultural community at the centre of the region's prosperity. This progressive city has grown from a site along the Canadian Pacific Telegraph Line to one of Saskatchewan's rapidly growing city centres recognized for its high quality of life, heritage, amenities, and attractiveness. The City has an Official Community Plan in place to establish direction until 2035 in areas such as land-use planning, growth management, infrastructure, economic development, housing, transportation, community facilities and services, and key social and cultural aspects of the City. Estimating the potential for the population to grow to 15,000 people over the next 20 years, they are establishing a plan where the quality and character of the city is reflected in the development of the areas where residents live, move, thrive, and play. Additionally, this role will have you travelling to Saskatoon once per week to oversee and manage our clients mixing facility in the city. A travel allowance and expenses will be included.
Does your background profile include:
As a leader in animal nutrition, our client offers a highly competitive salary, vehicle allowance, RRSP/pension plan, group insurance benefits and referral incentives. A relocation allowance will also be provided as required.
- Strong leadership and people management skills; supervisory experience an asset
- Ten (10) years’ (minimum) experience within a feed (preferred), grain mill or food/processing/manufacturing environment
- Direct management/leadership work experience in a feed/food manufacturing facility
- Ability to review and analyze P&L and statistical reports; budgeting responsibilities
- History of working safely and a reputation for promoting a safe work environment
- Willingness to get your hands dirty when required
- Audience adaptable verbal and written communication; a strong motivator
- Strong computer skills; email, Excel, etc.
- Positive account management and a customer-service focus
- Ability to utilize independent judgement to solve problems
- Superior organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks; meet deadlines
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity on which you personally might like more information on, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Ed Danneberg, Senior Recruiter on this file, today!Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!