endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Under the direction of the site General Manager and with strategic support from the Vice President of Operational Excellence and Quality, the Operational Excellence Manager will lead the advancement of the site’s Operational Excellence maturity and Lean transformation to achieve breakthrough results.
The individual filling this role will be a key member of the plant operations staff who will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of Operational Excellence initiatives for all activities at the location. This individual will be a change leader, responsible for driving continuous improvement and simplification throughout the site operation, delivering on critical conversion cost productivity targets and other functional goals (safety, quality, and customer service).
This position requires an individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and excellent facilitation skills who is looking to progress into future managerial roles in operations, engineering or general management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive breakthrough improvements in safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost through the development and tracking of Strategy Deployment objectives, value stream improvement plans and Lean daily management.
- Lead site efforts in implementing the appropriate continuous improvement and Lean methodologies to maximize productivity, capacity and throughput while minimizing lead time and WIP.
- Drive the tools of Operational Excellence including 5S, value-stream mapping, standard work, cell design, pull systems, single piece flow, Kanban, SMED and TPM/OEE.
- Develop a culture of problem-solving that spans from 5 Whys to Six Sigma tools.
- Establish visual KPI presentation and monitoring techniques that support Lean daily management.
- Increase associate engagement by training associates in continuous improvement tools, cascading ownership and responsibility, and motivating kaizen participation.
- Partner with the site Accounting team to calculate and verify cost savings and prepare reporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in industrial engineering, engineering technology, operations management or a related technical field.
- Experience leading operational and transactional transformations in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of improvement tools (benchmarking, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experience with Strategy Deployment
- Proven experience with work simplification and redesign
- Influencing / coaching people at all levels
- Program management and execution
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Experience with APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans and Process Flow.
Skills and Competencies:
- Interact and lead training with all levels of the organization, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Build credibility and trust.
- Influence leaders and change their paradigms.
- Must be proficient with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Minitab statistical analysis software.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D03
- Act as a strong communicator to all levels of the organization.
- Strong decision making and organizational skills required; must be able to self-manage multiple priorities and projects
- Strong influencing skills with ability to listen, analyze and lead associates to successful conclusion of projects and processes