endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Operational Excellence Leader is responsible for establishing, analyzing, and optimizing business processes and systems. Under the direction of the VP of Quality & Operational Excellence and General Manager, the Operational Excellence Leader will ensure adherence to established business processes while continuously driving improvements throughout the company. Main focuses will be in the areas of: Safety, reducing process variation, standardizing work, improving flow, increasing velocity, and establishing Lean methodologies in all business disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the site champion for Operational Excellence, promoting Lean thinking throughout all levels of the business.
- Deliver training to all levels of the organization on continuous improvement, connecting all that we do with improving performance to our customers, capabilities (People and Processes) and the importance of reducing cost.
- Lead structured Manage by Fact (MBF) problem-solving exercises. Able to function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Build credibility and trust with all employees, change paradigms, get everyone to seek out solutions, get involved and drive improvements.
- Participate as a member on multiple product launch teams, and assist with the development of cell designs, determination of manpower requirements, creation of workflows and establishment of cost standards and routings.
- Conduct time and motion studies to ensure that production is launched and maintained in accordance with established safety procedures, cost standards and routings.
- Lead the development of teams targeted at improving site metrics.
- Lead the execution of Lean activities that align with Scorecard initiatives and targets.
- Facilitate monthly continuous improvement reviews.
- Partner with the site Accounting team to calculate and verify cost savings and prepare reporting documentation.
- Partner with the site Production, Quality and Process Control teams to develop process flow diagrams, Standard Work and operator work instructions.
- Support visual KPI presentation and monitoring techniques that support Lean daily management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in industrial engineering, engineering technology or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience as an industrial engineer in a manufacturing environment; experience should include traditional industrial engineering functions, including time and motion studies.
- Demonstrated experience applying Lean tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience applying structured problem-solving tools and methodologies, including Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and implement changes through Kaizen.
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Experience with APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans and Process Flow.
- Must be proficient with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Minitab statistical analysis software.
- Strong business acumen.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.