International Steel Manufacturer is seeking an Operational Efficiency Engineer I who will support plant operations by contributing towards improving safety, quality, and operational performance through the utilization of continuous improvement techniques.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a leader/facilitator of change. Will work with all levels of the organization on continuous improvement activities
- Will work with cross-functional teams toward successful outcomes of continuous improvement and optimization projects
- Provides technical support/training of NPS (Lean & Six Sigma) tools such as 6S, Process Mapping, SMED, SPC, Pareto Analysis, Fishbone Diagrams, and 5-why as required to achieve targets in Safety, Quality, and Operational Efficiency initiatives
- Provides technical support and participates in (A3) structured problem solving and Root Cause/Corrective Action activities. Ensures SOPs and Checklists are updated when appropriate
- Technical resource for development, implementation, and tracking of OE projects.
- Provides technical support to functional areas toward achievement of KPI targets.
- Become a certified L/SS Green Belt
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS Degree (Preferably Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering)
- Highly self-motivated, excellent work ethic, and have an ability to communicate in a professional manner[Additional skills or experience that would be considered favorable for the person in this job, e.g. presentation experience, applications software proficiency, ability to work without close supervision.] to all levels of the organization.
- 1-5 years of experience in a manufacturing operation; preferably in the steel or heavy industry
- Exposure to some Continuous Improvement tools such as 6S, PDCA, or Process Mapping, etc
- Proficient computer skills including M/S Office [What are the minimum and preferred qualifications and education for this job? Be sure to distinguish between what is required and what is preferred.]
- Six-Sigma Greenbelt
- Lean Manufacturing training in waste reduction and 6S
- Mini-tab Software exposure
***Travel is expected to be up to 10% for this position***