Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Project Operational Cost Accountant.
- Full Time- Temporary 3 month contract.
- 39 hours per week - Monday-Thursday: 0800-17:00, Friday:0800-13:00
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
This role is key to establishing and maintaining financial policies and management information systems, as well as provides a high quality support by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance. This role combines accounting skills, business development and project management skills.
Please see below for the project overviews:
Review and redesign of the month end inventory reconciliation process – Wrexham Division.
Wrexham site is currently working towards moving to SAP, through number of reviews we have found the current inventory reconciliation process inconsistent and over complex. We are looking for someone to come in simplify the process and perform full stock reconciliation that we will be able to repeat and understand in SAP too.
You will be working with the site financial controller, current cost accountant and the IT team to deliver this project.
End to end margin analysis – Magellan UK
As part of future growth and strategy review full end to end margins for key product groups is required. You will be working with site accountants, supply chain managers and division managers to create end to end view of product and cost movement across Magellan in the UK.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focused
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Review and improve inventory reconciliation process in Wrexham division
- Provide full reconciliation inventory movements YTD in Wrexham division
- Review and model end to end margin analysis in MALUK
- Liaise with other departments to produce recommendations for margin improvement
- Monitor actual costs against standard and report and investigate variances
- Preparation and investigation of stock take variances
- Calculation of machine hourly cost rates
- Build-up and maintenance of product standard costs
- Commercial analysis & reporting including customer, product, sales & margin analysis
- Experience in a similar role with 3-5 years experience (preferably in the Aerospace/Automotive/Manufacturing Industry).
- Strong impact and influencing skills and total deliver focus. Will have the ability to build close working relationships with colleagues. An excellent communicator with a confident manner.
- Current working knowledge of SAP will be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to quickly grasp and interpret key business requirements
- A proven track record of forging effective key working relationships
- Ability and drive to work with finance and the rest of the business
- A keen eye for detail
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience of effective stakeholder management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Extensive understanding of Microsoft packages (excellent excel skills)
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to interact at senior levels within the business
- Ability to gain credibility quickly
- Ability to solve problems and simplify complex situations
- Ability to manipulate, interpret and report on data
- Approachable and engaging in style
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Must have a can do attitude
- Detail orientated
- Measured and calm when under pressure
- Credible – both with the internal and external customer
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!