This position is responsible for warehouse activities involving processing customer sales order by picking and packing orders and training employees and temporary employees.
Work activities involve receiving, sorting, inspecting, packing and shipping items. This position assumes the managerial role when the Manager is unavailable.Responsibilities
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Directs daily shipping arrangement, ensures shipping arrangement and control is done timely and correctly.
- Establishes storage layout and manages space requirement.
- Updates standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinates with the Customer Service Department to facilitate efficient and smooth warehouse operation.
- Arranges appropriate manpower allocation daily.
- Reports to the Operation Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Prepares and mails invoices to customers, monitors payment status and follows up with the customers when the payment is late.
- Analyzes, monitors and improves warehouse operations to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Assists with inventory count, shipping, receiving, etc. as needed.
- Files all documents related to shipment daily.
- Maintains and keeps track of inventory.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Manager for solution.
- Maintains good communication with managers, coworkers and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and more than three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, printer, scanner, etc.
- Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office.
- Forklift Certification.